PROGRAM NAME: Master's Degree in Business Administration
General Office of Professions (DGP) Code: 607502
Typical time to degree: 5 semesters
Degree conferred: Master's Degree in Business Administration
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
DESCRIPTION OF THE DEGREE PROGRAM
To educate undergraduates with a comprehensive profile, who are highly qualified to manage organizations, through the creation and application of expertise in administrative science, the development of professionals, and competitiveness for achieving the institutional mission, in the context of growing complexity, global presence, and sustainability.
- To promote systematic, critical, and creative thought with an attitude of lifelong learning allowing the Master's candidate to develop high level administrative skills for creating sustainable solutions to the challenges of society.
- To develop preparation that includes values such as ethics, honesty, tolerance, respect, commitment, comprehension, and responsibility that facilitate personal growth.
- To contribute to strengthening values and attitudes that allow the Master's candidates to interact and get along with others, work in a team, use corporate sustainability to promote awareness for developing professionals and achieving the institutional mission.
- To provide the master's candidates with educational experiences allowing for the development of theoretical, heuristic, axiological knowledge, which supports administrative know-how, related to organizational issues that will be required for their professional performance in the different sectors of society.
WHAT COMPETENCIES WILL I HAVE ACQUIRED BY THE END OF THIS PROGRAM?
Professional Field. Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration can work in companies, agencies, institutions, and businesses associated with productive and social, public, and private sectors; implementing planning, administrative, and management strategies allowing to optimize resources and reach objectives. Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration, as independent professionals, can offer their qualified services in consulting firms, consulting and management for the planning and development of organizations.
Knowledge Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration have a solid multi- and interdisciplinary training that converges administrative, economic, and social areas.
Attitudes: Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration have an attitude of service and an awareness of cultural diversity, beliefs, customs, values, ideas, continuous updating, and social and sustainable practices.
Abilities Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration are visionary leaders and creative entrepreneurs who manage efficient organizations by designing business plans, developing and evaluating projects, and identifying the impact of the economic environment on companies.
Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration have the ability to properly communicate in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, as well as handle modern information and communications technologies.
Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration are able to work in multidisciplinary teams.
Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration are entrepreneurs trained in the principles of innovation, creativity, and development.
Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration develop research.
Values. Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration are professionals trained in the values of responsibility, honesty, proactivity, integrity, tolerance, altruism, equality, ethics, and loyalty.
Professional Development. Graduates of the Master's Degree in Business Administration will work in national and multinational institutions, both public and private, by means of leadership, management, administration, consulting and training for entrepreneurship and business development, and/or productive and social projects.
PLAN OF STUDIES
Selected Topics in Administration
Business Development Plan
Selected Topics in Marketing
Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
Selected Topics in Operations Management
Selected Topics in Human Capital
Investment Project Writing and Assessment
Selected Topics in Corporate Finance
Selected Research Topics
LINES OF GENERATION AND/OR APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE PROGRAM
1. Technological Innovation in Companies
2. Human Development
3. Competitiveness in Organizations
BASIC CORE FACULTY
Dr. Josefina Ochoa Ruíz
|1, 2 and 3||
Dr. María Leticia Verdugo Tapia
|2 and 3||
M. A. Vicente Inzunza Inzunza
|Dr. Juan Carlos Martínez Verdugofirstname.lastname@example.org|
HOW DO I ENROLL IN THIS GRADUATE PROGRAM?
The applicants entering the Master's Degree in Business Administration Program must ensure compliance with what is set forth in the Graduate Studies Regulations, as well as the following requirements:
- Submit undergraduate degree certificate.
- Submit Curriculum Vitae.
- Undergraduate degree transcript with total number of credits.
- Original and copy of birth certificate.
- Copy of Unique Population Registration Code (CURP).
- Take the EXANI-III CENEVAL entrance exam.
- Demonstrate command of the English language. Level 5 on the exam from the Department of Foreign Languages at the University of Sonora by accrediting or taking exam.
- Letter of acceptance to the Program granted by the Academic Committee.
- Approval of plan of study by the academic advisor.
- Submit application form online at www.maestriaendministracion.uson.mx.
- All other requirements mentioned in the admissions announcement that will be made by the Program Coordinator.
- Have an interview pursuant to the terms indicated by the Academic Committee.
Foreign Students must also meet all requirements and procedures indicated by the Department of Mobility, Exchange and Academic Cooperation at UNISON (http://www.movilidad.uson.mx) and demonstrate a comprehension of Spanish as a second language.
Those who pursue the Master's degree are professional graduates from different areas of knowledge, whose professional field of development or professional interests are related to their subject matter and demonstrate basic knowledge in Administration, Accounting, finance, statistics, and other economic and business aspects, as well as skills for interacting, teamwork, and decision making, allowing graduates to delve deeper into the area of Administration.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GRADUATE?
To obtain the Master's degree the following is required:
- Successfully complete all course credits and satisfy the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Certify comprehension of a language other than Spanish, as established by the Graduate Academic Committee of the respective study program.
- Pass the written part of the degree examination and the oral part before an ex-profeso appointed committee.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements established by the Department of Academic Services for the issuance of the degree.
The draft of the thesis or final work may be developed in the following categories:
- Single Subject Research
- Business Plan or Investment Project
- Various Audits.
- Financial Study
- Study of the Organizational Structure
- Market Study
- Human Resources Study
- Operations or Production Process Study
- Strategic Study
- Competitiveness Study
- Technology Management Studies
- Consulting Studies
- Other financial administrative studies that the Academic Committee deems appropriate.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO STUDY THIS GRADUATE DEGREE?
Cost of the National Graduate School Entrance Exam (EXANI-III)
The applicant registration fee to study at the University of Sonora is published every year along with the new student admission announcement. See last year's information: http://www.maestriaenadministracion.uson.mx/
Enrollment and tuition fees
When enrolling in one of the graduate degree programs students must pay all the corresponding fees based on the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, pursuant to the Fee Regulation. See last year's information: fees and discounts by course http://www.serviciosescolares.uson.mx/
The infrastructure fee is: $12,000 each semester.
Dr. Alma Brenda Leyva Carreras
Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio y Reforma esquina, edificio 7A. Col. Centro, Hermosillo, Sonora, México. C.P. 83000
Tel: Tel: +52 (662) 259 2168 and +52 (662) 259 2129